This trip has been cancelled due to COVID-19, however we are offering SERVE@HOME for 2020.Read More
- Date: 07/03/21 - 07/10/21
- Church Partner: New Street CRC
- Availability: CANCELLED
- Rate: $450 CAD before April 1st
- *$500 CAD after April 1st
- Capacity: 50
In Church Partnership With
New Street CRC
Participants will be spending their days at serve-sites doing projects such as;
- Vacation Bible school camp with Friendship Ministry (a program that helps people with developmental disabilities).
- Random acts of kindness
- Creation Care at a local Provincial Park
- recreational ministry for Children
- partnering with Restoration House (a local support organization for people transitioning from the sex-trafficking industry).
- Offering compassion to the marginalized through helping clean, paint, gardening
- Food sorting a local food banks and Food for Life distribution centers
- And more!
Nestled between the western shores of Lake Ontario and the Niagara Escarpment, Burlington is consistently voted one of the best places to live. Even with that, there are many hidden needs in the city that God is still revealing. We invite you to experience the love of Christ in Burlington by bringing hope and healing to our community. As a body of believers, we feel called to continue to become increasingly immersed in our community, to look for opportunities to walk alongside those here. We would love for your group to come and join our church family as we seek together to worship & experience the transformational love of Christ. We offer a range of ways to live this out from camps, to working with people with special needs, to painting & creation care, all with a focus on relationships, hospitality and love.
We will worship, eat, sleep and hang out mainly in New Street CRC and our youth ministry house, “the Outlet”. Both buildings are in central Burlington, are air-conditioned and well equipped.
Hornblower Boat cruise at stunning Niagara Falls.
Registration fees do NOT include transportation to and from the sites. Each church group must provide vehicle(s) and adult driver(s) for the entire mission experience regardless of whether you fly or drive to the site. The vehicles you bring will be used to transport small groups to the work site each day, so 12-passenger vans or mini-vans are preferred. Cars do not facilitate the transportation of an entire small group in one vehicle, so please do not bring them. If you wish to bring a bus, please check with the Host Team to see if this is acceptable before you make arrangements. If your group is unable to provide van transportation, please have a youth leader call the ThereforeGo Ministries office to discuss options and additional charges.
Hamilton (YHM) or Toronto Airports (YYZ). Please DO NOT book airfare until you have received email confirmation from ThereforeGo Ministries that you have been placed at this site.