For many of us, the summer season brings the smell of hotdogs cooking, s’mores burning and the enjoyment of sipping a cold beverage on the deck. (And those of us in the north, where winter climates often prevent us from enjoying the outdoors in shorts and t-shirts, are particularly excited for summer.)
Summer also brings along excitement for teens and leaders to experience doing something we call missions. For decades, SERVE has been the name associated with just this type of experience. SERVE, (a ministry of ThereforeGo Ministries) has worked with many hosting, local churches and hundreds of sending churches over the years. Thousands of youth (aged 14-18) have been impacted by the transforming work of Jesus Christ through these events. What’s more, many of these same teens later followed the Spirit’s leading and entered ministry later in life—God is good, all the time!
And the work that He has begun in our communities is often realized through these temporary communities of grace, mercy and hope. Over the years and decades, students and leaders alike have experienced the transformative power of God when they serve. Those days are often filled with moments of:
- Working with people who have been marginalized
- Hearing stories of God’s redeeming work in communities
- Worshiping together and singing with the angelic voices that Heaven produces
All done on SERVE. For the Kingdom.
If you would like to hear more about these opportunities, please contact me at Ron@thereforego.com
If you would like to hear stories about what God is doing in this work, ask one of your students who has gone or visit thereforego.com/stories.
If you would like to help, please pray:
- for the hundreds of students who are going this year.
- for the leaders who accompany them.
- for the hosting communities who, coming out of COVID, are hosting for the first time in 3 years.
- that our Lord’s transforming Glory is experienced first hand.